PETER DICKSON Biography
"In a national poll, Peter was voted as having
one of the top three iconic voices of the decade".
From vocal work on radio and TV commercials, commentary for big international stadium events and awards ceremonies, multimedia games, animation, feature film ADR and corporate communication to documentary narration and prime-time TV entertainment shows – Peter Dickson aka “Voiceover Man”© is the king of all voice talent in the United Kingdom and has enjoyed a stellar career lasting over 41 years.
Some Startling Stats
Peter has voiced over 100 TV shows, been a promo voice on over 60 TV channels worldwide, Featured on 30 + AAA game titles and has voiced in excess of 30,000 Radio and TV commercials.
He began his career at the BBC where he holds the unique distinction of being the youngest ever TV news presenter at the age of 17. In 1982 he moved to BBC Radio 2 in London, as an announcer. He created and performed many of the characters on The Steve Wright show for BBC Radio 1. He has presented his own entertainment series “Peter Dickson's Nightcap” for BBC Radio 2 which ran for 4 years and launched Melody Radio in London with Lord Hanson in 1991 where he presented the flagship breakfast show. In 2013 he gave the nation's favourite glove puppet Sooty a voice, after a silence of almost 60 years.
During his career he has supported some of the biggest names in entertainment:
One Direction, P Diddy, Kylie Minogue, Simon Cowell, Jerry Springer, Katie Kouric, Nicole Sherzinger, Barry Humphries, Peter Ustinov, Ernie Wise, Roy Hudd, Sir Terry Wogan, Angela Landsbury, Sir Bruce Forsyth, Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne, Piers Morgan, Ant and Dec, Vernon Kay, Peter Kay, Sir Tom Jones, Kenneth Williams, Jonathan Ross, Michael McIntyre, Rudimental, Coldplay, Adele, Rod Stewart, Jason Derulo, Sia, CeeLo Green, Ellie Goulding, Sean Lock, Dara O'Briain, Alan Carr, Jack Dee, Claudia Winkleman, Tess Daly, Lee Evans, JLS, Leona Lewis, Steve Wright, and many more of the world’s top performers.
Promos and Events:
He has been the promotions brand voice for BBC 1 TV, the voice and face of E4, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network. He has been the voice of the X Factor Stadium Tour for 12 years and hosts around 40 major corporate events and awards ceremonies each year, for some of the world’s biggest brands, including: The Big Bang National Science and Engineering Awards UK, The Statoil Gallery launch at the National Science Museum, Audi UK Graduation Events, The Princes Foundation, Prince William hosts the Centrepoint Kensington Palace Ball, Ubisoft Annual Conference, The Honda UK Awards, Azko Nobel Conference, Mercedes Trucks Annual Conference,The NHS Awards, The Ravensbourne Awards, The Skills for Business Awards, JD Sports Awards, Co-Op Awards, The CATYS, The Golden Globe Travel Awards, The Visit USA Ball, JD Sports Awards, Virgin Awards and The Recruitment Advertising Awards. He was the Tour Voice for Alan Carr's - "Spexy Beast Live" and Michael McIntyre's "Happy and Glorious" tour, Catherine Tate's live tour, The C4 Comedy Gala, The Sooty Show Live and the X Factor National Stadium Tour. He is also a regular MC and event host for the RAF, The RAF Benevolent Fund and RAF Rugby and has commentated at some of the biggest airshows in the UK, including the Royal International Air Tattoo, The Cosford Air Show and the Northern Ireland Airshow - 'Airwaves".
Peter is currently the brand voice of Money Supermarket, Dominos, ScS and Cineworld. His other major commercial clients include:
Paramount Pictures, Pathe, British Gas, Halifax, Domestos, London Midland, Global Tour Creatives, Microsoft, Carlsberg, The Sun, Blue Islands Airlines and Morrisons.
Award Winning Telly and RADIO: Peter has worked on over 100 shows and series
- Britain’s Got Talent – 10 series - BAFTA Winner - ITV
- Britain's Got More Talent - 9 series - ITV2
- The X Factor 2004 - 2016 - ITV1
- The Xtra Factor 2004 - 2016 - ITV2
- The X Factor - Battle of the Stars 2006 and 2007
- The X Factor won the BAFTA for best entertainment show in 2006 and the award for best light entertainment show at the national TV awards in 2007, 2009 and 2010. It has also won multiple TRIC and RTS Awards
- Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway - ITV Studios
- The CBBC Chart Show
- The Nightly Show - ITV/First Act
- Last Leg - Channel 4
- Harry Hill's Spoot - BBC Radio 4
- John Cleese - "So Anyway" - BBC Raadio 4
- The Nolan Show - BBC Radio 5
- When Gameshows Go Horribly Wrong - C5/CrackIt
- Pointless - 2016 - BBC
- This Morning - 2016 - ITV
- Soapstar Superchef - ITV
- The Smell of Reeves and Mortimer - Golden Rose of Montreux Winner
- Harry Enfield and Chums - BBC
- An Audience with Shirley Bassey - ITV
- Catchphrase - ITV
- It's Not The Answer - ITV
- World War 2 The Complete History - Pathe
- Steve Wright's People Show - BBC TV
- They Think It's All Over – BBC TV
- Bruce's Price is Right – 7 series - ITV
- Joe Pasquale's Price is Right - 3 series
- The All Star Impressions Show - ITV
- Edinburgh Comedy Festival Live - BBC 2
- No Signal - Sky TV
- Teethgrinder - BBC 2
- Viewer of the year - ITV
- Headcases - ITV
- Family Fortunes – 24 series - ITV
- Late Night with Jerry Springer – ITV
- Last Chance Lottery Live – C4
- Soapstar Superstar – 2 series - ITV
- Ant and Dec's Gameshow Marathon – ITV. NTA and BAFTA winner
- The Paul O'Grady Show – Multiple NTA Award Winner
- Never Mind the Buzzcocks – BBC
- The King is Dead - BBC
- Alan Carr's Celebrity Ding Dong - C4
- The New Paul O'Grady Show 4 series – BAFTA and NTA and RTS winner
- The Osbournes Reloaded - Fox and MTV (USA)
- All Star Mr & Mrs – 8 series ITV
- The National Television Awards – Live at O2 Arena London – ITV
- Sport Relief - BBC1
- Comic Relief – BBC1
- Ooglies - BBC1 TV - BAFTA nominated
- Football Focus – BBC TV
- The Abu Dhabi Grand Prix – BBC TV
- Hedz - BBC1 TV – Multiple Bafta winner
- Live at the Apollo – 14 series - BBC TV
- Stand up for the Weekend – BBC TV
- Michael McIntyre’s Comedy Roadshow – BBC TV
- Harry Hill's TV Burp - ITV
- Roboidz - CBBC
- Cirque de Celebrite – SKY 1 – Commentator – Sky1
- Sport Relief 2010 – Live Stadium Announcer – Old Trafford Manchester United FC, Manchester UK.
- Ashes to Ashes – ADR - BBC TV
- Harley Street - BBC TV
- Hole in the Wall – BBC TV
- Saturday Night Divas - ITV
- All Star Family Fortunes – 9 series - ITV
- Viewer of the Year Live - ITV
- Monkey Dust – BBC TV - BAFTA Nominated
- Test the Nation LIVE - 8 series - BBC TV
- Abbamania - ITV
- Discomania - ITV
- Chris Moyles Quiz Night – 5 series – Channel 4
- Elvismania - ITV
- Brainiac Science Abuse – 4 series – ITV
- Brainiac Live Tour UK – 2010, 2011
- Audience with Joe Pasquale - ITV
- Stars in their eyes - ITV
- Daybreak - ITV
- Record of the year - ITV
- British Soap Awards - ITV
- Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - BBC Sport
- The 5 O'Clock Show - C4
- The BAFTA Awards – BBC
- Final Score – BBC1
- Magic Numbers – ITV
- Loose Women - ITV
- The X Factor Top 20 Chart show - MTV
- Sport Relief Goes Global with Richard Hammond - BBC World
- “Help For Heroes” concert at Twickenham – 70,000. Live Stadium Announcer – BBC TV
- Guinness World records Smashed – Live Commentator – Sky TV
- The London 2012 Olympic Games - Main Stadium and Beach Volleyball at Horse Guards Parade
- Sport Relief 2014 – London Olympic Stadium
- Channel 4 Comedy Gala - 5 series - Channel 4
- Miffy’s Adventures Big and Small - Sony Pictures
- The Sooty Show series 11 - ITV
- Today with Des and Mel - ITV
- Magic Numbers - ITV
TV Promo clients:
Peter is the current Brand Voice of the UK's No1 Youth Channel - E4
ABC, Fox, MTV, Sky Sports, Sky Sports Xtra, TWI, Cartoon Network, E4, EMAP, RTE, Trouble, Capital Radio, Global, Chrysalis, Cameron Mackintosh, Boomerang, BBC News 24, Discovery, Bravo, BBC1, BBC2, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, The History Channel, Performance TV, The Biography Channel, Nickelodeon, UK Choice, Virgin, National Geographic, FX TV, Virgin Media, UK Play, Challenge TV, Sky1, Sky Movies, Screensport, Disney Channel, TNT Classic Movies, BBC World, UK Gold, UK Horizons, Meridian, Anglia, Yorkshire TV, Sky Movies, UPCtv, Channel 1 and Real Estate TV with Bruce Dunlop Associates, Virgin on Demand, Kerrang, Jetix, Newstalk Dublin, 4FM Ireland, Absolute Radio, Real Radio, Global, TV Choice.
Multimedia, Animation, MOVIES and gaming:
Narration and Character for over 30 AAA games for X Box, Playstation and Wii
Voiceover Man stars as the hero “Maze” in the best selling worldwide computer game Fable 1 and Fable 2, produced for Microsoft's X Box. He also appears in multiple other roles, alongside Stephen Fry, John Cleese and a stellar cast of international performers in Fable 3.
He plays multiple characters in "Blades of Time" developed by Guijin Entertainment - 2012
He plays one of the Thompson Twins in worldwide hit The Adventures of TinTin – The Secret of the Unicorn developed by games giant Ubisoft Montpellier.
He plays the Emperor Sorean of High Entia in Xenoblade Chronicles - for the Wii.
He is the Game host on the very first game developed for the X Box 360 Kinect – “Kinect Sports” and “Kinect Sports – Season 2.
He is the lead voice on Everybody’s Tennis and Everybody's Golf for Sony Computer Entertainment
Starred with Peter Egan and James Faulkner on XBlades 2 for Konami.
Peter was at E3 – The Electronic Entertainment Expo – in LA in Summer of 2010, where Steven Spielberg unveiled the new Kinect Xbox 360 technology at the Microsoft session.
His voice features in the movie: "A Liars Autobiography - The Untrue Story Of Monty Python's Graham Chapman".
He plays "Grandpa" in Miffy and friends - Abbey Home Media
"Pantosaurus" - Narrator - Aardman Animation - Online for NSPCC
- Blades of Time: Dismal Swamp (2012) Gaijin Entertainment Corp
- The X Factor Games.com - Online Gaming.
- X Blades 2 - Konami
- The Secret of the Unicorn - Ubisoft Montpellier
- The Adventures of Tintin: The Game (2011) Ubisoft Entertainment SA
- Everybody's Tennis - Get a Grip - Sony Computer Entertainment
- Everybody's Golf - Out of Bounds - Sony Computer Entertainment
- Fable III (2010) Microsoft Game Studios
- Kinect Sports 1 (2010) Microsoft Game Studios
- Kinect Sports 2 (2012) Microsoft Game Studios
- Xenoblade Chronicles (2010) Nintendo Co Ltd.
- Fable II (2008) Microsoft Game Studios
- Folklore (2007) Sony Computer Entertainment Incorporated
- Black & White 2 (2005), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Black & White 2 (Collector's Edition) (2005), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Fable: The Lost Chapters (2005), Microsoft Game Studios
- Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (2004), Square Enix C
- Hidden & Dangerous 2: Sabre Squadron (2004), Global Star Software
- Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee (2004), Sony Computer Entertainment Inc
- Lords of the Realm III (2004), Sierra Entertainment, Inc.
- Wings of War (2004), Gathering
- Commandos 3: Destination Berlin (2003), Eidos Interactive Ltd.
- LEGO Creator: Knights' Kingdom (2001), LEGO Media International
Peter can be heard daily, on virtually every single radio station in the UK and Ireland. His voice is also a fixture on radio stations in major markets in Australia, The USA and the Middle East. Over the past 40 years, he has made more than 30,000 radio commercials. Many of them award winning.
He has a loyal army of grateful and adoring clients, most of whom are a little touched……some quite literally.
BUSINESS and investments, interests and charity:
Business: Peter is a co founder and director with British award winning casting director, Hugh Edwards of Gravy for the Brain Ltd - www.gravyforthebrain.co.uk . The world's largest online voiceover education provider. He also is a director of his own voiceover service company Provox Ltd and a co owner and director of www.reattendance.com - a company specialising in recording and reselling corporate event kenote speeches, online.
Interests: Aviation, Technology, Business, Psychology, Film, Military History, Theatre, the Royal Air Force, UK Airshows, Rugby, Football, Travel, Property, Hotel Design, Wine, Craft Beer, Single Malt Whisky. His favourite movie is The Shining.
Charity: Peter is a UK ambassador for youth homeless charity Centrepoint. (www.centrepoint.org.uk) He actively supports: The RAF Benevolent Fund, Comic Relief, Sport Relief, The Stroke Association, Stand Up to Cancer and the NSPCC.
Peter was educated at The Belfast Royal Academy and at Queen's University Belfast where mostly flew Bulldogs on the University Air Squadron but he somehow obtained a Batchelor of Arts Honours degree in Psychology He's terrible at jokes but what he doesn't know about Jung, isnt worth knowing!